Today marks the finale of our Fall Cleaning Series. I hope that you have been following along over the last couple of weeks for tips on organizing and deep cleaning, and found something useful to incorporate into your own housework routines. (If you haven’t read them already, you can check out those posts here: How to Organize Kids’ Clothing and How to Wash A Microfiber Couch and Other Cleaning Tidbits.) Today I want to talk about Norwex, why I’m switching all my cleaning products for theirs, why I love their products, and why I signed up to be a consultant, even when I swore that I’d never do direct sales again.
Who Is Norwex?
Norwex is a direct sales company (similar to Tupperware and Mary Kay) that offers high quality cleaning supplies and products. Norwex is known for their microfiber cloths, but they offer so much more than the products they sell. Their global mission is “to improve quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes.” (To learn more about who they are, where they started, and where they’re going, I would encourage you to read about their Heritage and Purpose.)
I’ve have loved Norwex products for ages. What has turned me into a true devotee is what they stand for beyond what they sell. “The Norwex Movement is people from all walks of life, all over the globe, coming together to create a more sustainable, chemical-free environment for our families and our planet. By making small, conscious choices, collectively we can improve our planet—and leave a lasting legacy for generations to come.”
Why Norwex for Our Family?
Our mission with Trading Desks for Dirt is “to escape the modern rat race in favor of a more sustainable, minimalist lifestyle on our own piece of property”. Let me elaborate. We want to:
- Live, and teach our children to live, in a way that respects the earth and life around us.
- Help others find ways that they can live more sustainably.
- Live a healthy lifestyle by using natural products, eating whole foods, and being active through our work and play as a family.
The decision to move back home to our roots came, in part, from the desire to live a simpler and “green-er” life. Over the last 14 months, we have been slowly integrating new habits into our daily routines. We started with composting our organic waste. We’ve cut out a lot of non-necessities in our buying habits, and become cognisant of the packaging of what we’re buying. Our recycling has improved hand over fist, to the point where this family of five is down to one large bag of garbage every two weeks.
Norwex fits so easily into our lives and our family’s mission. We’re reducing chemical use, we’re reducing waste by not purchasing household cleaning products (such as window cleaners and such), and we’re supporting a mission to make the earth a better place for generations to come.
Christine’s Top 5 Favorite Norwex Products
OK, now comes the fun part. I get to tell you all about my favorite products. Here are my Top 5:
- Superior Mop Collection – By far, this is the most expensive item in the Norwex lineup, but believe me, it’s worth every penny (or nickel for us Canadians). The dry mop collects all the dirt, dust and hair off my floor, and the wet mop leaves it clean and shiny, all without chemicals. Perfect for my kiddos who spend a lot of time playing on that floor. (My next purchase is the Chenille Dry Mop Pad, I can’t wait to try it!)
- Dish Cloths – I fell in love with this product because of its great scrubbing power and the fact that it remains free of smelly odors even after multiple uses. I won’t lie, I’ve forgotten to launder it for weeks at a time, and can still hold the cloth right under my nose, breathe deeply, and find it odor free.
- EnviroCloth – Cleaning time has been cut in half just by using the EnviroCloth and Window Cloth (below). And I know that the EnviroCloth AntiBac properties are doing what their supposed to. Earlier this summer, I was witness to one of the best demonstrations for AntiBac I had ever seen. The consultant rubbed a piece of raw chicken over the counters. With a test strip, she proved to us the bacteria left in its wake. Next, she wiped the counter with an EnviroCloth, then tested the area and cloth for bacteria with another test strip. It came out completely neutral. She even went a step further by rubbing her hands over the wiped area and EnviroCloth, then licked her fingers. All just to prove that it was safe and no salmonella or bacteria remained on the counter.
- Window Cloth – I use the Window Cloth to polish anything and everything. This includes my glass front fireplace, windows, stainless steel, taps and more. The EnviroCloth and Window Cloth are my heavy-duty cleaning duo!
- Makeup Removal Cloth and Body Cloth – These are so fabulous. Super soft on my sensitive skin! And with the AntiBac technology, they remove up to 99% of bacteria with only water!
What are your thoughts about Norwex? Have you used their products before? We’d love to hear your stories, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Leave your thoughts in the comment section below and let us know what you think.
Check back for weekly posts on a wide variety of topics, including family, recipes, tips and tricks, gardening, sustainability, country living, homesteading, and more. We can’t wait to share our lives with you, hear your stories, and gain friends along the way.
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our blog by adding your email address to the form on the right. You’ll be the first to hear about weekly updates! Have questions or comments? Leave us a message in the comments section, and we’ll be sure to get back to you. We can’t wait to hear what you think! And as always, you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by clicking the links on the right.